1. “I Spy” upper and lower case letters and numbers
2. Visit the local library
3. Go on a shape hunt
4. Learn to tie shoelaces
5. Sort and count laundry items, cutlery, toys, etc.
6. Play card games like UNO and Go Fish
7. Play board games like Snakes and Ladders, Guess Who
8. Learn phone number and address
9. Cut, paste, paint, make crafts, beaded bracelets, sand castles, etc.
10. Sing, dance, put on a (puppet) show
11. Recognize and print family members’ names (Mom, Dad, Grammy, etc.)
12. Make food – cookies, muffins, noodles, decorated crackers, fruit salad, ...
13. Climb, balance, skip, hop, somersault, run, learn to pump on the swings
14. Write notes or postcards to grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins
15. Make lists – my friends, my favourite animals, pokemon, princesses
16. Do surveys using tallies – Do you like chocolate or strawberry ice cream? Do you like fishing or soccer? Do you like blue or red or yellow the best?
17. Measure things using straws, heel-to-toe steps, a measuring tape
18. Grow a garden
20. Have a wonderful summer!